BackBay Communications, an integrated public relations, content marketing and branding firm, is seeking an Account Executive for a full-time position in our Boston office to work with national financial services companies. You will be part of BackBay’s Asset Management Group, which focuses on working with mutual funds, financial advisory firms, and impact investing companies. We are looking for an experienced PR agency professional or financial services journalist with strong media relations skills who is willing to forge strong relationships with national business reporters and the financial services trade media.
We seek a proactive team player who enjoys developing story angles, writing, and pitching the media. We are looking for a results-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to learn and succeed, and a good team player.
- Develop and nurture relationships with media and other influencers
- Pitch client news to print, broadcast and online financial services media
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in wealth management and impact/ESG investing
- Pitch client executives as thought leaders on industry trends
- Implement creative and effective integrated, content-driven communications programs for multiple clients
- Help draft social media posts and implement social media and digital marketing strategies
- Draft news releases
- Help manage client accounts
- Actively monitor news to identify trends and opportunities for client commentary
- Proactive, smart, professional, knowledgeable about business and economic news
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum two years of public relations agency experience
- Demonstrated writing, editing/proofreading and verbal/presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective media relations programs
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to juggle competing assignments, meet deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and be successful
- Ability to work independently and with a team
BackBay Communications is an integrated public relations, content marketing and branding firm focused on the financial services sector, including fintech, private equity/venture capital, asset management and Impact investing. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Executive – Financial Services.