BackBay Communications, a financial services-focused public relations and integrated marketing firm, is seeking an experienced PR professional or journalist to be a Media Strategist in our Boston office, working with financial services companies including asset management and impact investing clients. We are looking for someone with strong media relations skills and good relationships with the business and trade media covering financial services.
We seek a proactive, creative, self-starting team player who enjoys developing story angles, writing, and pitching the media. We are looking for a results-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and succeed.
- Develop and nurture relationships with media and other influencers
- Pitch client news to financial services and business media
- Pitch client executives as thought leaders on industry trends
- Implement creative and effective integrated, content-driven communications programs for multiple clients
- Draft news releases and social media posts
- Help manage client accounts
- Support new business activity
- Actively monitor print and online news, blogs and social media to identify trends and client opportunities
- Well-organized, motivated, focused and results-oriented
- Proactive, smart, professional, knowledgeable about business and economic news
- Understanding of traditional and digital media
- Social media campaign management experience
- Proven record and success in a media-facing role
- Strong business and financial media contacts
- Excellent writing skills
- Strategic thinker with initiative to make things happen
- Proven client management expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years of PR agency or journalism experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated writing, editing/proofreading and verbal/presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective media relations and social media programs
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to juggle competing assignments, meet deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives, and be successful
- Ability to work independently and with a small team
BackBay Communications is an integrated public relations, content development, and digital marketing firm focused on the financial services sector including private equity and venture capital, asset management, financial technology, and impact investing. BackBay helps clients build their brands and drive new business. BackBay’s services include public relations, thought leadership content creation, digital marketing, branding, and website development. BackBay is highly regarded for thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media.
BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Media Strategist Boston.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Great work environment, casual dress code and unstuffy culture
- Entrepreneurial environment, lots of opportunity for advancement
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions